Brutal, old-school, sci-fi horror FPS, HYPERVIOLENT hits PC Early Access on April 6
Inspired by classic sprite-based 3D games from the 90s, HYPERVIOLENT sees players stranded on Commodus Asteroid 27-C, a remote asteroid-based mining colony clenched in the jaws of violence. Stranded and surrounded by monstrous foes, they must take the violence to the next level, obliterating their foes as they seek an answer to the madness engulfing the colony, and uncover the secrets of the evil hidden deep within the dark, claustrophobic mines of the asteroid.
HYPERVIOLENT features an extensive array of guns and melee weapons that can be dual-wielded in nearly endless combinations. However, players are far from an invincible action hero; careful resource management and a keen eye are paramount to survival, for enemies can - and will - ambush them when they least expect it.
During the Early Access period, HYPERVIOLENT’s single-player campaign will grow, adding segments featuring completely different gameplay experiences, and upon full release, the game will introduce Multiplayer support for up to 30 players alongside a variety of thrilling game modes.
At launch players can experience the first five intensely, atmospheric levels (approximately 4-5 hours of gameplay), and wield 12 weapons as they take on ten varied enemy types and two challenging boss encounters.
The current planned Early Access roadmap is as follows:
Early Access Update #1
● Level 6
● Low Gravity mechanic
● 4 new weapons
● 2 new enemies
● 1 new boss
● Neural-Implant Possession Mechanic
Early Access Update #2
● Level 7
● 2 new weapons
● 4 new enemies
● 6 Degrees of Freedom spaceship flying mechanic, including some sections where the player may leave their ship for a period of time.
● Levels 8 - 11
● 6 new weapons
● Full localization
● Coop multiplayer for up to 4 players
● PvP multiplayer modes
● Various optimization and quality of life improvements
● Gorgeous 3D / Pixel Hybrid Explore the rich environments of the I.E.C. Commodus station and paint them with viscera, rendered in a combination of classic low-poly 3D, and hand-crafted 1990s pixel art aesthetic.
● Intense horror atmosphere Feel the dread of exploring the dark, claustrophobic corridors of an asteroid mine, stranded deep in space. Nobody can help you, nobody can save you, nobody can hear you scream.
● Brutal combat Dual-wield more than 20 unique ranged and melee weapons to obliterate insane and monstrous enemies, but don’t get cocky - manage your resources, you don’t want to run out of ammo in a bossfight…
● RPG / FPS mechanics Manage your inventory, upgrade weapons, interact with NPCs, & peruse through computer data logs to further your mission in this exciting, authentically nostalgic experience.
● Use the environment to your advantage Utilise switches, computer terminals, keycards & other control mechanisms to navigate the labyrinthian station and manipulate your environment.