Get ready to mould your own medieval city as Lords and Villeins launches for PC today
Lords and Villeins allows players to claim their title as lord or lady, ready to build a thriving township by managing and influencing peasant and noble families. Players will tend to the needs of their villagers by building homes, farms and workshops and managing tasks, duties and taxes of families in the hopes of creating a flourishing town. Managing the economy, expanding production chains and influencing the daily lives of villagers allows players to craft a unique story in their settlement.
At the heart of the game lies an immersive and emotional journey, in which players can watch their villagers grow, evolve, create relationships, go through struggles and challenges which shape their lives and stories in compelling ways.
Lords and Villeins is a relaxing city builder with a beautiful atmosphere, capturing the authentic life of medieval feudalism. With heavily customizable gameplay, approachable design and a detailed tutorial it remains accessible to new players, yet still offers many complex and rich systems that players can discover as they delve deeper and deeper into their ruling journey.
At 1.0 launch LORDS AND VILLEINS will receive a hearty content update which
● Assembling The High Council and holding Town Hall hearings
● New public celebration event
● New ability to perform risky tax evasions
● New Opposition Group system that can result in noble coups and peasant uprisings
● Personal spy with abilities to gather intelligence and assassinate rivals
● Gameplay modules to heavily customise game experience
● Overhauled trading system that significantly improves interaction with markets
● New underground resources with mineshafts to mine them
● Ability to manage storage priorities and new tools to optimise logistics
● Full localisation to German, French, Russian, Czech, and Simplified Chinese
● Steam Achievements
● Performance optimization and fully overhauled user interface and balancing
Key Features of Lords and Villeins
● Unique family-management mechanic where the player assigns plots of land to autonomous families and manages taxation policies, production priorities and logistics.
● In-depth simulation of personal ownership and a market economy. Villagers manage storefronts to sell surplus goods and purchase food and material from others in a cooperative chain of production. Prices of goods fluctuate based on supply and demand and trading caravans facilitate import and export.
● Fully simulated procedurally generated environment with a complex AI that can develop relationships, satisfy their needs, daily routines and personal ambitions.
● Immersive simulation of society bringing social classes, clergy, criminals, high council, politics, servants, military and more!
● Character designer lets you fully customize and name everyone in your ruling family.
● 160+ objects at your disposal to build, decorate and improve your settlement.
● 53 different zones and 40 professions that can be performed by the villagers.
● 130+ resources to be used in a fully functional production chain.
● Number of domesticated animals and pets and a thriving nature with wildlife.
● Visually distinct seasons with soundtrack of seasonal themes.
● Fully simulated and dynamic world with changing temperature and weather effects.
Lords and Villeins launches today for PC via Steam, GOG.com and Epic Game Store.